Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
If you or a loved one has a chronic lung condition, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or pulmonary fibrosis, the pulmonary rehabilitation program can help you regain strength and live a more full and active life. This program aims to improve lung function, decrease symptom severity, and enhance quality of life.
Why Is Pulmonary Rehabilitation Important?
After heart disease and cancer, COPD is now considered the third leading cause of death in the United States. Research published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in May 2020 shows that participating in a pulmonary rehab program within 90 days of hospitalization can lower a person’s 1-year mortality rate from 19.4% to 7.3%.
Can Pulmonary Rehabilitation Help Me?
Pulmonary rehabilitation’s primary purpose is to help people reach and retain the highest levels of independence and functioning possible.
Although most pulmonary rehabilitation programs focus on adults with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), they can also assist people with other types of lung disease, such as:
- Abnormal PFT results
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic pulmonary embolism
- Chronic pulmonary Edema
- Chronic respiratory failure with hypoxia or hypercapnia
- Cystic fibrosis
- Frequent lung infections
- Frequent hospitalizations or ER visits due to lung conditions
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung cancer
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Pre-Post lung volume reduction post-Lung Surgery
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Shortness of breath
- Smoke inhalation injuries
- Occupational or Environmental Lung Disease
Other outpatient testing we conduct:
- 6-minute walking test
- Complete Pulmonary Function Test
- EMG / Nerve Conduction Test
Our Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program Includes:
- Patient and family education and training
- Bronchial hygiene treatment and awareness
- Breathing exercises
- Learning how to manage stress
- Medication management
- Individualized exercise programs aimed at increasing aerobic capacity, pulmonary endurance, and minimizing episodes of shortness of breath.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Available in Jetmore, Kansas
If you have questions about the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program offered at Hodgeman County Health Center, our team is standing by to take your call! You can connect with us by calling our office or scheduling an appointment online today!